Thornton Tomasetti applies engineering and scientific principles to solve the world’s challenges. An independent organization of creative thinkers and innovative doers collaborating from offices worldwide, our mission is to bring our clients’ ideas to life and, in the process, lay the groundwork for a better, more resilient future. We provide support and opportunities to our employees to achieve their full potential and cultivate a rewarding career.
Our Renewal practice provides owners and managers with a home for solutions to a wide range of structural, envelope, and building systems needs for existing properties of every use, age, and construction type. Our multidisciplinary design and assessment services cover a wide range of needs. We perform condition assessments, investigations, feasibility studies, and peer reviews. We design repairs, renovations, and alterations and oversee their execution in the field.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Structural Engineer for our Renewal Practice. We are looking for a candidate with an interest in structural design, structural repair, renovation, retrofit design, demolition, and/or property loss consulting.
- Completing structural analysis and repair rehabilitation design of concrete, steel, timber, masonry, and other structural systems.
- Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other consultants including Architects and other Engineering disciplines, Cost Consultants, and Contractors.
- Projects will be in structural repair, renovation, demolition, and expansion of current structural buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture. Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with existing buildings for renovation and extensions is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally.
The rate for this position generally is $75,000 – $85,000 annually. This range is a good faith estimate provided pursuant to the California Pay Transparency Law. It is based on what a successful California applicant might be paid and assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Actual pay rates may vary from the range, as permitted by California Equal Pay Transparency Law. Compensation offers will be based on various factors, including operational needs, individual education, qualifications and experience, work location, and comparison to employee already in the role, as well as other considerations permitted by law. A potential new employee’s pay history will not be used in compensation decisions.
- Depending on your employment status, benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability and other voluntary benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Childcare
- Paid Time Off, Family Leave for New Parents, Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Transit (where available)
- 401k retirement savings with Company matching on employee contributions and/or qualified student loan repayments
- Fitness Reimbursement
- And other various wellness, diversity/inclusion and employee resource programs and initiatives
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.