Admitted International Students: Enrollment Checklist
This resource is for admitted undergraduate international students who are ready to enroll at Illinois Tech. We are so excited to welcome you as a new member of the Illinois Tech community!
Ready to Confirm Your Enrollment?
Once you have decided that Illinois Tech is the best choice for you, you will need to submit your enrollment deposit. This confirms your spot in the incoming class and allows you to begin your Enrollment Checklist! We are so excited to welcome you as a new Scarlet Hawk and cannot wait to have you join us on campus. Below is a quick breakdown of the steps you need to complete.
Enrollment Checklist: Immediate Next Steps
- Confirm Your Intent to Enroll–Update the Decision Status section of your App Tracker to let us know if you’ll be attending Illinois Tech.
- Access your myIIT Portal and Hawk Email Account
- Submit any missing documents to Illinois Tech
- Copy of Passport
- Financial Affavidat of Support
** If you are a Transfer International Student — you also need to submit your Transfer Release Form (F-1 undergraduates and J-1 visiting/exchange) completed by the international office at your previous school. You will also need to submit your course descriptions to email@example.com in order for us to determine your transfer credits. If transferring from a university abroad, submit an official transfer credit evaluation by one of the following transfer evaluation companies: ECE Course-by-Course or Educational Perspectives Course-by-Course Evaluation
Enrollment Checklist: March-May Next Steps
- Submit your Room and Board Contract
- Sign up for International Student Orientation, Assessment, and Registration
- Prepare for Advising, Placement, and Course Registration
Enrollment Checklist: June-August Next Steps
- Complete Placement Exams and Register for Classes
- Review Your Student Bill
- Review Payment Plans
- Submit Proof of Immunizations
- Ready to travel to campus? Check out our International Arrivals page to learn more about checking into the International Center and finding your way around campus. Once you arrive in the U.S., be sure to check in with the International Center within 24 hours of arrival!
Questions about your next steps? Contact your Admission Counselor!