Scarlet C-Suite Program
The Scarlet C-Suite Program is a comprehensive program offered by Career Services. The purpose of the program is to elevate students’ career readiness and success, during and beyond Illinois Tech. It consists of six pillars, including 10 professional development workshops, career coaching, volunteer and project experience, finalized career profiles, and a concluding questionnaire.
Students can work at their own pace, completing these courses in one semester, or throughout their time at Illinois Tech. When the program is completed, students will have the skills and competencies employers desire, and that are needed to reach their career potential and achieve their dreams.
Program Specifics – 6 Pillars
- Learning, Knowledge, and Skills: 10 Workshops
- Career Coaching: Three Coaching Sessions
- Implementing: Project Experience
- Giving Back: Volunteer Experience
- Embracing Technology and Tools: Profile/Resume
- Integrating and Living it: Questionnaire
- The Power of Networking and Business Relationships
- Know Your Strengths—Using Your Strengths in the Real World
- What Do I Say? Communication and Presentation Skills
- Interviewing and Professional Etiquette in the Workplace
- Curiosity and the Power of Asking Questions
- Collaborating and Working Effectively With Diverse Teams (DEI)
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Creativity—Taking Initiative
- Agile and Adaptable—Cultivating a Growth Mindset With Resilience
- Creating a Successful Resume (recorded workshop)
- Creating a Successful LinkedIn Profile (recorded workshop)
Each live workshop is offered four times over the course of the school year to accommodate various student schedules (IP=In Person, VR=Virtual). Students need only attend one instance of each required workshop, live on the day of the workshop, either virtually or in-person. Be sure to register for each required workshop separately so we can track your completions.
To enroll in the entire program, sign up here.
See a Career Coach for additional questions.
Click the link below to register for your preferred date. NOTE THE IP OR VR (IN PERSON OR VIRTUAL) OPTION.
|Workshop||Presenter||Fall Session||Fall Session||Spring Session||Spring Session|
|The Power of Networking & Business Relationships||Bernie||9/7 IP 4pm||10/2 VR 12:50pm||1/29 IP 12:50pm||3/1 VR 12:50pm|
|Know Your Strengths – Using Your Strengths in the Real World||Julie||9/6 IP 12:50pm||9/19 VR 4pm||2/21 IP 4pm||3/26 VR 12:50pm|
|Curiosity & The Power of Asking Questions||Julie||9/15 VR 12:50pm||10/18 IP 4pm||1/25 IP 12:50pm||2/28 VR 4pm|
|Collaborating & Working Effectively with Diverse Teams (DEI)||Lisa & Bernie||9/20 VR 12:50pm||10/13 IP 4pm||1/31 VR 12:50pm||2/5 IP 4pm|
|Agile & Adaptable – Cultivating a Growth Mindset with Resilience||Julie||11/8 IP 4pm||11/16 VR 12:50pm||1/19 VR 12:50pm||4/9 IP 4pm|
|Interviewing & Professional Etiquette in the Workplace||Nick||10/5 IP 4pm||11/3 VR 12:50pm||1/17 VR 12:50pm||3/4 IP 4pm|
|Critical Thinking, Problem Solving & Creativity – Taking Initiative||Celestine||10/27 IP 4pm||11/13 VR 12:50pm||2/19 IP 12:50pm||3/22 VR 12:50pm|
|What do I say? Communication & Presentation Skills||Lisa & Orgs||10/12 VR 12:50pm||11/1 IP 4:00pm||1/24 VR 12:50pm||4/4 IP 4:00pm|
*This comprehensive program is designed to teach you to apply new professional development skills to your career journey. In keeping with our vision to model career success and expectations in your future professional endeavors, we expect you to be on time and participate in all activities and program requirements. If you are more than 10 minutes late to any workshop, you will not be able to participate and will be asked to register for another session.